Monday, January 17, 2011

Hot Wings Pizza



I looked at a wing sauce my friend, Ang, had shared with me and adjusted it to a milder version for my hubby. This is what I came up with and it was a Hit! If you like it hotter add more hot sauce.

Wing sauce:
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup Franks Hot sauce
2 Tbsp Chipotle Tabasco
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 1/2 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
Mix all in a sauce pot over medium heat, simmer for 10 minutes and set aside.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pizza crust
8 oz Blue Marble Jack cheese, shredded (or blue cheese, crumbled)
2 yellow onions
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Poach the chicken breasts in water, drain and chop. Mix the cooked chicken in the wing sauce and let simmer, stirring frequently to further shred chicken for about 10 minutes.

(Follow your crusts instructions, I prebaked mine for 6 minutes)

Slice onions thinly and place in skillet with the butter and olive oil, cook over medium heat stirring often for approximately 20 minutes. Add salt, pepper and red wine vinegar and stir. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until onions are caramelized and are a golden brown color.

Spread onions on crust, spread the chicken on top of the onions, sprinkle the blue jack cheese on top of the meat and top with the mozzarella.

Bake for 6-10 minutes or until crust is done.

This is a great treat for game night!

2 comments:

  1. yum! sounds delish - being that I've had the sauce, as I gave the recipe, I know this could be pretty bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Thanks for the sauce idea!! It was a great inspiration for this pizza. I had to adjust it due to hubbys severe dislike of all things "super hot", but it is pretty true to the recipe you shared with me. Thanks again Ang!

    ReplyDelete